Issues that Matter
The proper role of government is to protect life, liberty, and property. Our God-given unalienable rights are acknowledged by the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution.
- Repeal laws that establish special privileges of one group or segment of the citizenry over others.
- Pass legislation defining the origin of life to be at conception and giving the unborn full protection under the law.
- Support the repeal of laws that infringe on the rights of the people to keep and bear arms.
Private Property is the legal and personal ownership of title or exclusive right to the control of property, protected by our Constitution.
- We support the Washington State Constitution’s protection of individual private property rights as a core function of state, county, and local government. Property rights must be reinforced and upheld.
- We support the U.S. Constitution’s priority of individual private property rights over collective policy such as environmental mandates or government tax-based interests. These priorities must be re-established and maintained.
- We support repealing the Washington State Growth Management Act, which is an outgrowth of United Nations Agenda 21 and infringes on private property rights protected by the Fifth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
- We support due process and right of appeal regarding private property ownership and utilization. These must be strengthened and upheld to protect individuals against government intrusion.
- We support compensation to property owners for all loss of use or lost market value due to environmental and/or regulatory mandates.
- We believe the natural resources derived from personal private property are not owned by the government and shall not be usurped, taxed or otherwise infringed upon by any governmental agency.
We believe government intervention creates undesired consequences that aggravate the problem. Control of healthcare dollars needs to be returned to individuals and families to affirm their freedom to make healthcare decisions that are best for themselves.
- Repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Enact tort reform.
- Enact legislation to allow healthcare policies to be sold across state lines to promote competition in the healthcare industry.
- Allow open competition for hospitals like any other industry.
We believe education should prepare our children to enter adulthood with the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to be competitive in a global economy and market. Parents must have the primary right, responsibility, and choice in the education of their children.
- We support charter schools, home schooling, or public and private schools, giving parents the right to choose where to educate their children.
- We oppose education and information in schools regarding the promotion of sexual behaviors and alternative lifestyles. We believe in parental authority over moral issues.
- We believe that funding emphasis should be in the classroom and not in administration.
- Eliminate Federal Dept of Education and remove any authority that the federal government has over education.
We believe that economic freedom is essential to a free society. History has proven that a free market system is the best available vehicle to promote prosperity for all individuals and society as a whole.
- Repeal crony capitalism and other anti-capitalist laws that pick winners and losers.
- Return government to its proper role of providing a legal framework in which voluntary trade is protected.
- Return the minting and regulation of the dollar to Congress by disbanding the Federal Reserve System.
- Return the dollar to a gold standard to stabilize its value and prevent artificial inflation.
- We support a right-to-work law so that no one shall be required to join a union to secure employment.
- The Clark County Republican Party strongly opposes Socialism both as an ideology and as a way of governance at any level of government.
We believe that governments should be held to the highest moral standards functioning within their proper boundaries.
- Freeze compensation levels of all federal non-military government employees and elected officials until a balanced federal budget is passed through the authority of Congress.
- Disband collective bargaining for all government employees.
- Repeal all Executive actions that usurp the authority of Congress, or alter the effect of law.
- End the dependency state by fulfilling the existing obligations while responsibly phasing out unsustainable social programs. Social Security and Medicare monies paid into shall only be spent on Social Security and Medicare, as well as the interest earned by that money. Monies previously removed from Social Security and Medicare will be returned to their funds.
- Support term limits to be set on senators and representatives for the total number of years that they can serve.
- Former members of Congress will not receive special benefits after their term of office is over.
- Hold politicians accountable for laws they enact which contravene state and federal constitutions.
- Sharia law shall have no influence on laws within Washington State.
- We favor local controls and governance close to the people. Community problems are best avoided or resolved through families, local agencies, schools, churches, and charities.
A robust highway system is necessary for prosperity and commerce in the State of Washington.
- We support the creation of new and expanded roadway infrastructure to reduce traffic congestion as the top priority of the WA DOT.
- We adamantly oppose adding tolls to the state highway system; it is double taxation.
- Fuel taxes shall be used for the purpose of road and infrastructure construction and maintenance, and not be diverted to subsidize mass transit.
Elected officials have a responsibility to control taxation and eliminate wasteful and inappropriate government spending. Spending must be aligned with priorities of government, as defined by the state and federal constitutions.
- Eliminate all unnecessary and unconstitutional programs and spending.
- We support cutting the Federal budget, capping spending to a percentage of GDP and adding a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution.
- We support requiring a 2/3 majority of the Washington State legislature to vote for any tax increase.
- We oppose a state income tax.
- Repeal the 16th Amendment. Citizens of a free country deserve a tax system which does not require disclosure of their personal financial affairs in order to pay their taxes.
- We support openness and transparency in governmental and fiscal decision making, including third party audits to assure tax dollars are being spent appropriately.
We believe strongly in preserving the principles of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness that are the foundation of this nation. Therefore, we endorse policies that will protect our national sovereignty, strength, and pride.
- Secure the borders of the United States against invasion and illegal border crossings.
- Enact law making English the official language of local, regional, and state government of the United States of America.
- Enact reforms to safeguard public monies from being used for any persons that are not United States citizens, except for emergency humanitarian aid.
- Clarify federal law on birthright citizenship so that children born of illegal aliens in the United States are not automatically granted citizenship.
- Reject any compromise of our national values in treaties.
- Reform the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to ensure the best possible care for our veterans.
- Forbid our military to serve under the United Nations or wear the United Nations uniform.
- Get the United States out of the UN and then get the UN out of the United States.
- Revitalize the State Militia by removing limits to citizens arming and training to that end with Sheriffs linked to the militia.
We believe that the strength of our nation lies with individuals and that each person’s dignity and freedom are sacred; that belief is threatened by increased violence and crime in society.
- Increase penalties for identity theft.
- Increase penalties for hiring or smuggling illegal aliens.
- Return prisons to penal institutions by removing societal luxuries and mandating inmates work to pay off the costs of their incarceration and the administration of justice.
- Sentences for violations of the law should include three phases: penalty, restitution, and restoration.
This platform was adopted by the delegates at the County Convention, March 12, 2016.