Resolution Demanding our Freedoms Back!
Whereas, the Bill of Rights codifies some (but not all) pre-existing God-given rights, and
Whereas, the rights recognized in the First Amendment are fundamental to a free society, and
Whereas, the Governor of the State of Washington has declared emergency powers to prohibit the free exercise of religion, and
Whereas, the Governor of the State of Washington has also declared emergency powers to prohibit many businesses from operating, now therefore, be it:
Resolved, that the Clark County Republican Party Executive Board calls upon the People of the State of Washington to voice their objection to the unconstitutional emergency declarations of the Governor of the State of Washington, and be it further:
Resolved, that individuals take whatever necessary precautions to protect themselves from the harms of the COVID-19 Pandemic, as well as evaluating for themselves the risks and rewards of freedom as they resume day-to-day activities as they see fit.
WHEREAS, the citizens of Clark County are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; and
WHEREAS, the citizens of Clark County are capable of making responsible decisions affecting their personal safety.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the board of Clark County Republican Party requests the Honorable Jay Inslee rescind proclamations that restrict citizens right to:* conduct residential construction.
* Hunt and fish based on Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife previously published regulations.
* Right to peaceably assemble and engage in religious activities.
* Exercise their 2nd Amendment rights by having access to retailers engaging in firearm sales, transfers, and selling of ammunition.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Clark County Republican Party requests the Honorable Jay Inslee:
* Engage in discussions with legislative leaders pursuant to RCW 43.06.220 concerning waiver or suspension of statutory obligations or limitations past April 23rd.
* Cease entering into multi-state agreements concerning actions affecting citizens of Clark County while disregarding the mandates of RCW 43.06.220.
* Cease releasing inmates from DOC State Prisons prior to completion of their sentence creating risk to the citizens of Clark County with no verifiable data that the inmates would be at less risk of contracting COVID-19 out of State custody.